- Mainstream the ten principles in business activities around the world
- Catalyse actions in support of UN goals
For more about the UN Global Compact see here.
Global Compact Network UK goes on to explain that there are numerous benefits to participating in the UN Global Compact.
- Demonstrating leadership by advancing responsible corporate citizenship.
- Producing practical solutions to contemporary problems related to globalisation, sustainable development and corporate responsibility in a multi-stakeholder context.
- Managing risks by taking a proactive stance on critical issues.
- Leveraging the UN’s global reach and convening power with governments, business, civil society and other stakeholders.
- Sharing good practices and learnings.
- Accessing the UN’s broad knowledge in development issues.
- Improving corporate/brand management, employee morale and productivity, and operational efficiencies.