The name of this local UNA is United Nations Association Coventry Branch.
This local UNA has been recognised by the Board of Trustees of the United Nations Association – UK (UNA-UK), a charitable company limited by guarantee: registered number 1146016, since 25 June 2016.
This group is financially and legally autonomous of UNA-UK.
This local UNA commits itself to building support for, and understanding of, the work and values of the United Nations in its local community.
It also undertakes to support UNA-UK by: partaking in the Association’s national campaigns; managing its affairs so as to protect its reputation; raising money and devoting its finances to furthering its objects as described in its Articles of Association.
Participants of this group is open to all paid-up and honorary members of UNA-UK, its supporters, and affiliate organisations in the locality.
The minimum number of members in this group is six paid-up UNA-UK members.
- Annual General Meeting
This group will give written or electronic notice and convene an Annual General Meeting of members. The date of the AGM will be shortly after the end of the group’s financial year so that members can examine the accounts.
The business of the Annual General Meeting shall include the election of officers and other committee members (if any) and adoption of the annual Report of Activities & Statement of Income and Expenditure
Following the meeting this group will forward an annual report and accounts to its UNA region (if any) and to UNA-UK.
- Executive committee
At minimum, the executive committee of the group will consist of the following elected officers:
- Honorary Treasurer
Officers will be elected by members of the group at its AGM. They will hold office from that date until the date of the next AGM, when they will be eligible to stand for re-election.
This group may also elect or co-opt additional officers at this meeting.
All officers of the group must be paid-up members of UNA-UK.
The executive committee shall be responsible for the conduct and work of the group.
The names, addresses and contact details of the officers shall be provided to UNA-UK in a timely manner.
- Communication with UNA-UK
The group will communicate with UNA-UK ensuring that it:
- provides UNA-UK with information on its activities, income and expenditure;
- receives UNA-UK’s principal channels of information and guidance;
- informs UNA-UK in advance of any planned activities which may fall outside those risks covered by UNA-UK’s public liability insurance.
This group will terminate its activities in any of the following circumstances:
- It has fewer than six individual paid-up members of UNA-UK for more than twelve months.
- It ceases to be recognised as being in good standing by the Board of Trustees of UNA-UK.
- It does not hold at least one event open to the public in any twelve-month period.
- It fails to appoint the officers required by this constitution.
On termination of the group any remaining group funds shall be passed to UNA-UK. Remaining members will continue to be members of UNA-UK.