In November 2020 the United Nations Association Coventry Branch (UNACov) ran the world’s first Young People’s Peace Essay Competition the winners of which were announced during Coventry Peace Festival.
Young people aged up to 25 submitted their essays of up to 500 words on the subject: The Role of Young People in Building Peace.
The competition was organised at very short notice but nevertheless managed to attract entries from around the world.
The judges, who came from the Centre for Trust, Peace and Social Relations and Coventry Law School, both part of Coventry University, were very impressed with quality of the entries and thought the Peace Essay was a valuable activity which should be continued.
UNACov will therefore run the competition again in 2021 which now has its own website at https://youngpeoplespeaceessay.org/
The 2020 competition was made possible by a grant from Coventry Peace Festival.
Read the Winning Essays from 2020
- Peace Essay 2020 17-25 First Prize
- Peace Essay 2020 17-25 Second Prize
- Peace Essay 2020 17-25 Third Prize
- Peace Essay 2020 Under 17 First Prize
- Peace Essay 2020 Under 17 Second Prize
- Peace Essay 2020 Under 17 Third Prize
- Young People’s International Peace Essay Competition seeks Sponsorship
- Young People’s Peace Essay Competition 2020