On International Day of Multilateralism 24 Apr 2020 and as part of the UN75 initiative, the UN Office at Geneva hosted a virtual conversation on Multilateralism in the time of COVID-19 during which students engaged with the heads of key international organizations.
After the principal speakers had spoken, students questioned the senior officials and one of them announced that a post-Covid Youth Charter would be drawn up. She asked that a meeting be organised in April 2021 in Geneva of the youth of different countries. See here for an account of this part of the discussion.
The event was organized in cooperation with the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, the University of Geneva and Foraus.
- Tatiana Valovaya, UN Geneva Director-General
- Martin Chungong, Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) Secretary-General
- Fabiola Gianotti, Centre for European Nuclear Research (CERN) Director-General
- Guy Ryder, International Labour Organisation (ILO) Director-General
- Hualin Zhao, International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Secretary-General
- Noel Curran, European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Director-General
Watch the principal speakers below or on UN WebTV