This project was developed following a message to UNA Coventry Branch by a member of Coventry Youth Council (CovYC.uk). She wrote:
The key to democracy is discussion and debate and I think a lot of young people harbour views like that of the young people in [a Channel 4 programme about the far right in the UK] but never express it which is so dangerous because not only does it allow the feeling of repression and victimisation to grow but also their views will never be questioned. If we could get a representative from UKIP or better yet someone from the so called “alt right” it will show people that having these kind of discussions is good and will encourage more of it.
Aims of the Project
To explore ways to help young people understand and discuss a wide range of political views in a safe environment.
To work in partnership with the United Nations Association Coventry Branch, Coventry University, the University of Warwick, the Association of Citizenship Teachers, Five Nations Network and other interested groups.
To develop resources and methods that will be a useful resource for young people, Citizenship teachers and others.
How to get involved
Complete the form below.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reach this page with youngdemocracy.unacov.uk
This project is part of the UNA Coventry Branch citizenship project.
Other citizenship pages
- 10 Easy Ways
- Citizenship and the UK National Curriculum
- Coventry Schools Peace & Justice Forum
- ECOSOC Youth Forum 2017
- Global citizens for global solutions
- Global Citizenship
- Green Electricity
- Human Rights Day Campaign
- Kenilworth Climate Action Network
- LED Bulbs
- Recycle, Reuse, Repair
- SDG4: Quality Education
- Security Council Urges States to Engage Youth in Decision Making
- Student Essay Contest and Global Youth Forum 2017
- Sustainable Development Goals
- UNA-UK to host unprecedented public debates with UN Secretary-General candidates
- Walk or Bicycle
- What is Citizenship?
- Young Democracy Project