Today, 18 April, the group Justice for Palestinians Leamington Spa are holding its monthly vigil demanding an end to the illegal occupation of Palestine as a virtual event.
Marylin Dixon writes:
Because of COVID-19, it will not take place but that doesn’t mean we can’t take action. It’s even more vital than ever to act as Israel prepares an annexation of large parts of the West Bank.
So please observe a ‘virtual vigil’ on 18 April by taking one or more actions to bring an end to the Occupation:
- Put a sign in your window or garden (see image below) on 18 April and on subsequent vigil days (third Saturday in the month) to show that you are calling for an end to the Occupation. Send a photo to Justice4palestinians@gmail.com.
- Support Medical Aid for Palestinians’ COVID-19 appeal: https://www.map.org.uk
- Ask the Israeli Ambassador how his government is exercising its obligation as an occupying power to use all means available to ‘combat the spread of contagious diseases and epidemics’. Embassy of Israel, 2 Palace Green, London W8 4QB
- Sign a petition calling on the UK government to recognise the State of Palestine: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300450
- Sign up to Amnesty’s campaign against Trip Advisor’s activities in the illegal settlements: https://www.amnesty.org/en/get-involved/take-action/tripadvisor-occupied-palestine-territories/
- Call on Google to show Palestine on its maps: https://7amleh.org/gm/
- Sign up for regular UN reports on the situation in Palestine: https://www.ochaopt.org/signup
Image to display
Click to download the image, print and display in a window. Keep until the next vigil (third Saturday of every month until the illegal occupation ends)